Saturday, February 11, 2012

not really an update...


I keep putting off writing on here hoping that any day now I would have something new to update on during the adoption process, but I don't. We submitted our completed home study to the state courts in mid December. We were told that our case is open and should be approved by mid to the end of January. Well, now it's February and nothing. We can't really do anything else until this is approved. So now you're all up to date... :)

We have just really started our fundraising for the adoption. Mainly by our shirt sales. It's great seeing the people wearing our shirts. I love how people are so excited about this process too! Months ago when we hadn't told anybody that we were adopting yet, I truly wasn't sure how people would react to us adopting. I truthfully was expecting a mixed reaction from people. Everybody has been real happy and supportive! We feel very blessed to have so many people praying for us. Anyway, we are going to have a garage sale the weekend of March 9 & 10th, where all the proceeds will go to our adoption process. So, if you'd like to donate anything to the garage sale, we'd love to have it! :) It will be at the Nowatzki's house. If you have any questions or anything you'd like to give, talk to Tammy Nowatzki, Brenda Southall, or us! Another fundraiser we will be doing is a Premier Jewelry party with Karen McMahon. We are still trying to nail down a date for that one, but hopefully in the next few months! :)

God is continuing to grow us and show us many things. For one thing, God reminds us often that His timing is not ours and we need to trust in that. And in my own life, God has been teaching me that I need to be purposeful with my life now. I think so often in life it becomes so easy to look to the next thing to do really live for God. Like "when I graduate high school, I'll have more time do this..." or "when I have kids, I will do that..." But God has put me exactly where he wants me and I need to share the His love to others. I feel like for so long I complained about working at Starbucks thinking that I am more qualified for a job elsewhere. But this life is not about me. My identity is in Christ and not in my own achievements. He has placed me at Starbucks to be a light to others there. Even if I was in my dream job, my purpose there would be to be a light in that place too. Ultimately, no matter where I work or if I have kids or not, I am not defined by those things (being a barista or a mom) but my identity is in Christ and Him alone. 

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who love me and gave himself for me."-Galatians 2:20

Things we're praying for:
God's timing in our lives
We are also praying for our children. God knows who they are and where they are. 
We are hoping and praying that we will get more than one child-- siblings or twins!
Selfishly we are praying that our home study gets approved really soon

Thank you all again for partnering with us in this journey!! 
Love, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment